California Medical Group (“we,” “our,” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) and medical records as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and other applicable laws.
2. How We Treat Protected Health Information (PHI) or Medical Records
- Use and Disclosure of PHI: The covered entity may use and disclose protected health information about an individual for the following purposes, as permitted by law:
- Treatment: We may use your PHI to provide you with medical treatment and services.
- Payment: We may use and disclose your PHI to bill and receive payment for the treatment and services provided.
- Healthcare Operations: We may use and disclose your PHI for our healthcare operations, including quality improvement activities.
All other uses and disclosures of your PHI will require your written authorization, except as required or permitted by law.
- Legal Duties and Privacy Obligations: Weight Loss Today Medical Group has legal duties with respect to your protected health information, including an obligation to maintain the privacy of your PHI. We are required by law to protect the confidentiality and security of your medical records and PHI.
3. Patient’s Rights with Regards to Protected Health Information (PHI)
As a patient of Weight Loss Today Medical Group, you have the following rights with respect to your PHI:
Right to Access: You have the right to inspect and obtain a copy of your PHI.
Right to Amend: You may request changes to your PHI if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to Restrict Disclosure: You have the right to request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your PHI.
Right to an Accounting: You can request an accounting of certain disclosures of your PHI.
Right to Request Confidential Communications: You can request that we communicate with you about your PHI in a specific manner or at an alternative address.
To exercise these rights, please contact our Privacy Official (details provided below).
4. Privacy Official
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies or practices, or if you wish to exercise your rights under HIPAA, please contact our Privacy Official:
Privacy Official: Sean
Contact Information: email@example.com
6. Contact Information
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at:
California Medical Group: